POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Possible UDO util? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 02:59:15 EDT (-0400)
  Possible UDO util? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Thomas Lake
Subject: Possible UDO util?
Date: 1 May 2002 02:37:47
Message: <3ccf8d3b@news.povray.org>
Would anyone be interested in a UDO generator program, something that would
build a compatible UDO and acompanying INC file from a Pov-Ray mesh? I know
there are already apps that can do this, but would anyone be interested in
another?

-----------
Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/
-----------

Post a reply to this message

I would be interested in any program that could do that. I was not aware
that any existed at the moment, but you say that there are some. What are
they?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Thomas Lake <tla### [at] REMOVE-THISshawca> wrote in message
> Would anyone be interested in a UDO generator program, something that
would
> build a compatible UDO and acompanying INC file from a Pov-Ray mesh? I
know
> there are already apps that can do this, but would anyone be interested in
> another?
>
> --
> -----------
> Home Page: http://www.geocities.com/~thomaslake/
> -----------

Post a reply to this message

> I would be interested in any program that could do that. I was not aware
> that any existed at the moment, but you say that there are some. What are
> they?
> Thank you,
> Steve Shelby

Hmm I thought that 3DWin could do that but now that I look at the uspported
formats importing povray files does not seem to be supported. So perhaps
there arn't any?

Post a reply to this message

Thomas Lake <tla### [at] remove-thisshawca> wrote:
> Hmm I thought that 3DWin could do that but now that I look at the uspported
> formats importing povray files does not seem to be supported. So perhaps
> there arn't any?

  There are no programs which import POV-Ray files (except POV-Ray itself,
of course). There are some which can read a limited set of primitives (eg.
meshes) from a POV-Ray file, though.