POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Best way to model a simple room? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 03:24:22 EDT (-0400)
  Best way to model a simple room? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: George Pantazopoulos
Subject: Best way to model a simple room?
Date: 22 Apr 2002 22:22:51
Message: <3cc4c57b$1@news.povray.org>
Hey all,
    What is the best way to model a simple room in Moray? I need there to be
a separate material for the floor, ceiling, and each of the 4 walls. I'd
prefer to do it with CSG but moving 6 slabs together and Union-ing them
seems kind of messy. Is there any way to do it more simply (such as a CSG
subtract) and still be able to have the separate materials for each surface?

Thanks,
George Pantazopoulos

Post a reply to this message

Hi George Pantazopoulos, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> .... but moving 6 slabs together and Union-ing them seems kind of messy.
It's the best way, though... and at the moment the only way (I can
think of).
If you have snap enabled, it's really simple to setup....

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 23 Apr 2002 14:15:48
Message: <3cc5a4d4$1@news.povray.org>

456acuko4p2gsc2g0o7uvntlnslqr2t8ot@4ax.com...
> Hi George Pantazopoulos, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > .... but moving 6 slabs together and Union-ing them seems kind of messy.
> It's the best way, though... and at the moment the only way (I can
> think of).
> If you have snap enabled, it's really simple to setup....

And you can enter values for dimensions and positions in transformation
block of modify tab.
Difference will be useful to  open doors and windows in your slabs
Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: George Pantazopoulos
Date: 23 Apr 2002 16:53:31
Message: <3cc5c9cb$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the advice Lutz and Marc, it worked perfectly :)

George Pantazopoulos