POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Explosion! Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:23:18 EDT (-0400)
  Explosion! (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Explosion!
Date: 13 Jan 2002 22:53:04
Message: <3c425620@news.povray.org>
Hi All,
I just discovered a way use Moray to make an explosion, that is, to make an
group of objects appear to be moving away from each other, without having to
move each object individually. See  "Explosion" posted in Moray.binaries.
I posted a question on this newsgroup a long time ago about this, and since
I never got a reply, I assume that I must have come up with something new.
Lutz gave me the idea when he answered my post about rotating multiple
objects. This requires the Enzmann animation plugin. It's so easy, just use
the duplicate dialogue to create multiples of one reference object, then put
them all in a CSG. The illusion is created by moving the CSG toward the
camara, then selecting the reference object and making it smaller, thus
making all of the objects smaller, but if done correctly, it appears as if
the objects are staying the same size and flying apart from each other (see
Explosion.mpg in moray.binaries). This is a simple example, but I can see
many creative possibilities.
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message