POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Why would an object no longer move in the Y axis Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:10:19 EDT (-0400)
  Why would an object no longer move in the Y axis (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Mitchell Waite
Subject: Why would an object no longer move in the Y axis
Date: 11 Jan 2002 04:58:10
Message: <3c3eb732$1@news.povray.org>
Friends:

For some reason when I create a new object and it appears at the origin I
can not longer translate it in the Y axis using the translate mouse movment.
When I type into the box for the Y axis the object moves up vertically, but
when I try to move it with the mouse it only moves in the X Z plane. I have
no idea why this started working this way other than I made some CSG
objects.

thanks

Mitch

Post a reply to this message

> For some reason when I create a new object and it appears at the origin I
> can not longer translate it in the Y axis using the translate mouse
movment.
> When I type into the box for the Y axis the object moves up vertically,
but
> when I try to move it with the mouse it only moves in the X Z plane. I
have
> no idea why this started working this way other than I made some CSG
> objects.

I think this has something to do with the freeze parameter.  You (or someone
else) may have locked, or limited, movement on that axis.

__________________
Chris Howie
cra### [at] yahoocom
http://winimizer.virtualave.net

Post a reply to this message

I meant that it won't let me move in the Z axis (up and down vertically).
Turns out I can't move ANY object now up or down vertically with the mouse.
I can't find any way that Freeze affects it, if I click Freeze it brings up
a dialog box and I don't see anything on it that would prevent me from
moving any object in the Z axis.

Stumped.

"Chris Howie" <cra### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > For some reason when I create a new object and it appears at the origin
> > can not longer translate it in the Y axis using the translate mouse
> movment.
> > When I type into the box for the Y axis the object moves up vertically,
> but
> > when I try to move it with the mouse it only moves in the X Z plane. I
> have
> > no idea why this started working this way other than I made some CSG
> > objects.
>
> I think this has something to do with the freeze parameter.  You (or
someone
> else) may have locked, or limited, movement on that axis.
>
> __________________
> Chris Howie
> cra### [at] yahoocom
> http://winimizer.virtualave.net

Post a reply to this message

Could you post the MDL file?  (Or mail it to me if it's larger than 5K.)

__________________
Chris Howie
cra### [at] yahoocom
http://winimizer.virtualave.net

Post a reply to this message

Okay I fixed it, I must have accidently hit the Z key which freezes the Z
axis. Y freeze the Y axis and so on. Nice feature but easy to get into
trouble with if you are a keyboard banger like me.

"Chris Howie" <cra### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> > For some reason when I create a new object and it appears at the origin
> > can not longer translate it in the Y axis using the translate mouse
> movment.
> > When I type into the box for the Y axis the object moves up vertically,
> but
> > when I try to move it with the mouse it only moves in the X Z plane. I
> have
> > no idea why this started working this way other than I made some CSG
> > objects.
>
> I think this has something to do with the freeze parameter.  You (or
someone
> else) may have locked, or limited, movement on that axis.

> Chris Howie
> cra### [at] yahoocom
> http://winimizer.virtualave.net

Post a reply to this message

> Okay I fixed it, I must have accidently hit the Z key which freezes the Z
> axis. Y freeze the Y axis and so on. Nice feature but easy to get into
> trouble with if you are a keyboard banger like me.

Lol... glad you found it.  =)