POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problems with Reference'd Objects and local coord's for rotation Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with Reference'd Objects and local coord's for rotation (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: John D  Gwinner
Subject: Problems with Reference'd Objects and local coord's for rotation
Date: 2 Jan 2002 02:43:15
Message: <3c32ba13$1@news.povray.org>
Hello:

  I'm making a torsion bar tank suspension.  I made a 'road wheel' and moved
it into position.  I then use 'duplicate object' and displace the wheels in
Y.

  If I rotate the first wheel, it works fine - it spins around it's center.

  If I rotate any of the other wheels, they spin around the origin?

  I'm having the same problem with the suspension 'arms'.  (a simple cube,
long and thin; the 'axles' won't move so are part of the body.  I made
refences for them, and then moved the local coords to the end of the bar;
thinking that this way it would pivot 'up and down'. This works fine, again
for the first object.  The reference'd objects spin about the origin!

  Any suggestions?  Should I just reset each reference'd objects local
coords?  (there are over 80 of these).

                  == John ==

Post a reply to this message