POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : newbie bezier patch question Server Time
3 Jul 2024 01:26:52 EDT (-0400)
  newbie bezier patch question (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: MR
Subject: newbie bezier patch question
Date: 7 Nov 2001 08:53:58
Message: <3be93cf6$1@news.povray.org>
hello,

i'm a pov newbie and i'm trying to take my modelling abilities
beyond basic geometric shapes and csg, so i've been working
with bezier patches in moray.  after doing just a couple of the
patch tutorials i was thrilled that i was able to form a boat hull
very quickly from a flat patch.

the boat hull forms the equivalent shape of a cross-section of
a bullet.  here's my problem:

my boat shape is missing the flat back part.  i figured this was
no big deal and proceeded to make another patch to fill it in.
then i discovered that its not so simple.  editting of patch shapes
using the control points occurs in an edit window by itself.  how
do i have the back of the boat visible so that i can shape a
patch to fill it in?

my more basic question is how do you ever design several
different patches that are to fit together into a unified object
when you can't work on one with the others in the same
window?  or can i and i'm being a dumb newbie?

thank you, miker

Post a reply to this message