POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animating Point Light Parameters problem Server Time
5 Jul 2024 09:28:04 EDT (-0400)
  Animating Point Light Parameters problem (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: K  Lasse
Subject: Animating Point Light Parameters problem
Date: 17 Oct 2001 14:38:21
Message: <3bcdd01d$1@news.povray.org>
All,

I'm trying to get a "sunrise" effect in an animation by animating the
properties as well as the positional transform of a point light over time.
I'm finding that whenever I set a second keyframe (like changing the
original red color of a point light at frame 0 to a white color at frame 150
for example) it causes the properties of the light to change to black for
all the frames in between. The properties of the light in the two keyframes
(frame 0 and frame 150) are correct, but anything in between "blacks out" so
to speak. What am I doing wrong? TIA for any help with this.

-Kman

Post a reply to this message

I don't see this happen - perhaps you could email me a .mdl file that
has this problem.  When I set keys for point light colors they seem to
come out fine.

Xander

"K. Lasse" wrote:

> All,
>
> I'm trying to get a "sunrise" effect in an animation by animating the
> properties as well as the positional transform of a point light over time.
> I'm finding that whenever I set a second keyframe (like changing the
> original red color of a point light at frame 0 to a white color at frame 150
> for example) it causes the properties of the light to change to black for
> all the frames in between. The properties of the light in the two keyframes
> (frame 0 and frame 150) are correct, but anything in between "blacks out" so
> to speak. What am I doing wrong? TIA for any help with this.
>
> -Kman

Post a reply to this message

I'll post an example in binaries... just the basic default startup file
changed to 100 frames with keyframes at 0 and 100 on the light's red
component. On all the frames in between, the light turns black. My guess is
that one of the other plugins is causing this (tho I removed all but the
"rounded object" ones). Thanks for any thots...

-Kman