POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ANN: New Arabeske (1.1.0) Server Time
5 Jul 2024 08:53:33 EDT (-0400)
  ANN: New Arabeske (1.1.0) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Anoop Kumar
Subject: ANN: New Arabeske (1.1.0)
Date: 30 Jul 2001 10:53:24
Message: <3b6574e4@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Just thought to spread the word (admittedly with selfish reasons:-)):

A new version of Arabeske - a Java based free(dom) software for making
symmetrical patterns has come out
(http://www.wozzeck.net/arabeske/index.html). New features are (amongst
others) a much simpler interface and PNG and EPS (vector based scaleable
image format). The exported stuff can be used for stuff like tile patterns
(see Peter Popov's wonderful tutorial on the site), grills, stained glass
windows etc.

It doesn't yet support direct PovRay export and curves; I'm hoping more
people will support me in bugging him to add those features;-) (Or, maybe,
do it themselves - since I somehow get the impression that quite a few
would be able to do Java programming). I get the impression that ther's
quite a lot of potential here - especially if it could be combined with
similar(?) programs like LSys etc.

Incidentally, a new interface for Lsys has been released: LinSys3d
(http://web.tiscali.it/esuli/LinSys3d/). Outputs PovRay and also looks very
interesting.

Regards,
-Anoop

Post a reply to this message

Rereading the message, it just might give the impression that I might be
involved in the development, so I thought it better to clarify - I'm not.
Just thought I'd pass on the good word- since utils like these make some
things so much simpler...