POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Help with glass Server Time
8 Jul 2024 07:46:27 EDT (-0400)
  Help with glass (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: marc ferguson
Subject: Help with glass
Date: 17 Jun 2001 18:42:00
Message: <3b2d3238@news.povray.org>
Yo,
I'm a moray/povray/3dwin/poser user and i stoll can't figure out one thing
after days of endless adjustments...how do i make the glass for a magnifying
glass so that it actually works...or is there some other way (inside IRTC
rules) that i can put a zoomed part of a different scene inside the
magnified area?  If anybody can help please gimme a reply

Marc

Post a reply to this message

> I'm a moray/povray/3dwin/poser user and i stoll can't figure out one thing
> after days of endless adjustments...how do i make the glass for a magnifying
> glass so that it actually works

You need to make the glass refractive by adding an ior value inside an
interior statement. The ior for glass is around 1.33.

interior { ior 1.33 }

--
Ken Tyler

Post a reply to this message

> You need to make the glass refractive by adding an ior value inside an
> interior statement. The ior for glass is around 1.33.

Er, actually 1.33 is a great IOR for water.  Most glasses are closer to 1.5.

- How