POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : plugin bug Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:39:35 EDT (-0400)
  plugin bug (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: george ferguson
Subject: plugin bug
Date: 2 Jun 2001 15:06:05
Message: <3b19391d$1@news.povray.org>
Plugin bug-Scene file contains keys for unknown objects

This is the warning every time i open moray...what does it mean and how do i
stop it

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: plugin bug
Date: 4 Jun 2001 04:01:40
Message: <62gmhtc3iql6asn091nutkq7jj197sq2f1@4ax.com>
Hi george ferguson, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Plugin bug-Scene file contains keys for unknown objects
>
> This is the warning every time i open moray...what does it mean and how do i
> stop it
This is an error message from the animation plugin. It seems that the
scene file that is being loaded on startup has been incorrectly saved.
Try loading and saving it again.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 10 Jun 2001 23:27:27
Message: <3b243a9f@news.povray.org>
"Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> Hi george ferguson, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Plugin bug-Scene file contains keys for unknown objects
> >
> > This is the warning every time i open moray...what does it mean and how
do i
> > stop it
> This is an error message from the animation plugin. It seems that the
> scene file that is being loaded on startup has been incorrectly saved.
> Try loading and saving it again.

That seems to happen quite a bit, though...

Problem in 3.3?

-Ian

Post a reply to this message

From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 11 Jun 2001 10:30:17
Message: <3B24D6FF.9C106E29@mitre.org>
Not a problem in 3.3.  Problem in anim plugin (actually, not a problem
since it is just a warning message).

Typically this occurs when you have been working with a scene, delete
object(s), save the file.  There can be problems with getting all of the
keyed information to disappear before the save.  On load, if you saw
that message, all that has occured is that the extra key information
(for the deleted object) has been discarded.

I will likely just silently load the .mdl file in the future.

Xander

Ian Burgmyer wrote:

> "Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> > Hi george ferguson, you recently wrote in moray.win:
> >
> > > Plugin bug-Scene file contains keys for unknown objects
> > >
> > > This is the warning every time i open moray...what does it mean and how
> do i
> > > stop it
> > This is an error message from the animation plugin. It seems that the
> > scene file that is being loaded on startup has been incorrectly saved.
> > Try loading and saving it again.
>
> That seems to happen quite a bit, though...
>
> Problem in 3.3?
>
> -Ian

Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 11 Jun 2001 14:12:36
Message: <3b250a14$1@news.povray.org>
"Alexander Enzmann" <xan### [at] mitreorg> wrote in message
> Not a problem in 3.3.  Problem in anim plugin (actually, not a problem
> since it is just a warning message).

Ah, alright.

> Typically this occurs when you have been working with a scene, delete
> object(s), save the file.  There can be problems with getting all of the
> keyed information to disappear before the save.  On load, if you saw
> that message, all that has occured is that the extra key information
> (for the deleted object) has been discarded.

Oh, alright.

But what if you don't use any keys?

> I will likely just silently load the .mdl file in the future.

That should work, as there's not really a problem with the scene when it's
loaded.

-Ian

Post a reply to this message

From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 12 Jun 2001 16:20:15
Message: <3B267A89.E3F71A87@mitre.org>
Ian Burgmyer wrote:

> Oh, alright.
>
> But what if you don't use any keys?

If you are using the Anim plugin, you will get at least one key forced
on the first frame.   It's just the way it works...

Xander

Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 24 Jun 2001 17:26:43
Message: <3b365b13@news.povray.org>
> > But what if you don't use any keys?
>
> If you are using the Anim plugin, you will get at least one key forced
> on the first frame.   It's just the way it works...

Oh, okay... *nods*

-Ian