POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : POV and MORay and Games Design Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:35:29 EDT (-0400)
  POV and MORay and Games Design (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bogdan
Subject: POV and MORay and Games Design
Date: 23 Feb 2001 17:22:57
Message: <3A96E2F6.882B9979@yahoo.com>
Hi

we are trying to use POVRAY an MORAY to design our 3D models (and render
sprites)
for Hostile Encounter game (www.hostleencounter.com)

After some work done (game is pretty advanced)
we have noted some problems:

1.Lack of "dont antialias against background"
2.Moray cant do modeling by select points (mesh) and then
drag/bevel/extrude etc
(this makes us use Anim8or=another great tool..to do that)
3.Usually you can not convert primitives to mesh...
4.UDO/RAW object have downsides (like in CSG or size) and importing from
other
(.3ds) file formats is tricky or tediouse (2 to 6 files per object)
5.A progress indicator on large render/animations will be wellcomed...

besides that things look pretty easy

I wonder if Moray creators will think of that...
or i have to make my own modeler .. lol...
in asm as i do everything :)

Post a reply to this message