POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : grouping problems... Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:53:45 EDT (-0400)
  grouping problems... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Robert
Subject: grouping problems...
Date: 16 Jan 2002 12:40:31
Message: <3C45BB60.3090800@exmail.de>
I have a little problem with grouping. I never run into it till now,
cause i was not in need of it:

long time ago i modelled an object in moray, consisting of csg's and
differences.
Now, i'm working on a new scene and i wanted to import the old object.
So far, it works. But it would be nice to have the old object in a
group, so that i can select it with a single mouse click. I grouped it
(with all the csg's and differences) but pov runs into an error during
parsing, caused of the difference partial object. Can anyone help me?

Version with grouping in Moray

[...]
#declare cube = difference {
   superellipsoid { // cube_frame
     <0.1, 0.1>
     material {
       T_Chrome_4A
     }
     scale 4.4
   }
   object { // Cube_frame_diff2 -> Cube frame diff1
     Cube_frame_diff1
     rotate -90.0*z
   }
   object { Cube_frame_diff1 }
   object { // Cube_frame_diff3 -> Cube frame diff1
     Cube_frame_diff1
     rotate -90.0*y
   }
   material {
     earthmap
   }
   rotate <-45.0, -35.259998, -10.0>
   translate  12.4*z
}
[...]

Version without grouping in Moray
[...]
difference { // cube
   superellipsoid { // cube_frame
     <0.1, 0.1>
     material {
       T_Chrome_4A
     }
     scale 4.4
   }
   object { // Cube_frame_diff2 -> Cube frame diff1
     Cube_frame_diff1
     rotate -90.0*z
   }
   object { Cube_frame_diff1 }
   object { // Cube_frame_diff3 -> Cube frame diff1
     Cube_frame_diff1
     rotate -90.0*y
   }
   material {
     earthmap
   }
   rotate <-45.0, -35.259998, -10.0>
   translate  12.4*z
}
[...]

P.S.: maybe not the right newsgroup, i don't know...

best wishes,

Robert

Post a reply to this message