POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Import of objects into moray Server Time
8 Jul 2024 08:08:20 EDT (-0400)
  Import of objects into moray (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ursula Theobald
Subject: Import of objects into moray
Date: 10 May 2001 17:29:51
Message: <3AFB08DB.FCC2C99F@gmx.de>
Hy,
I want to render different objects like cylinders and cones. I calculate
the coordinates and radi with a third hand software and I'm can write a
pov-file. For better adjusting the whole scene (camera-position,
light-position..) I want to import these objects into moray but do not
know how. Can you help me ?
Thanks a lot

Post a reply to this message

Hi Ursula Theobald, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I calculate the coordinates and radi with a third hand software...
Is this software by you? You could write a plugin that does this. Or
you could write a plugin that imports a text file you specify.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Geoff Wedig
Date: 15 May 2001 10:40:34
Message: <3b013fe1@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:

> Hi Ursula Theobald, you recently wrote in moray.win:

>> I calculate the coordinates and radi with a third hand software...
> Is this software by you? You could write a plugin that does this. Or
> you could write a plugin that imports a text file you specify.

Actually, this is something I've wished for in Moray, an easy way to specify
cylinders and cones where we know the end points.  With Moray, you have to
define it with lengths, and rotates, and translates, where in Pov, it's easy
to say "Go from here to here"

A widget that allows this would be very welcome.

Geoff

Post a reply to this message

From: ursula
Date: 15 May 2001 15:21:54
Message: <3B01825D.A1E096B4@gmx.de>
It is an industrial software and I can get output-files with physical
properties. I wrote a small C-program (I'm not an experienced
c-programmer) to write from those data the pov-file.