POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : carbon fiber texture Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  carbon fiber texture (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Steve Clarke
Subject: carbon fiber texture
Date: 15 Sep 2000 03:22:28
Message: <39c1ce34@news.povray.org>
'still learning stuff.  Would anyone have a suggestion
for creating a realistic carbon fiber surface texture?
By carbon fiber, I mean the cosmetic weave top layer
seen under a coat of clear resin.

By playing with the normal map patterns and spiral 1
and spiral 2 along with transformations I have seen
something --kind of-- what I want but not really close.
I think it needs to be a two color map of charcoal
colors with a weave pattern normal, transformations to
scale, and then a layer of clear coat.  Is that
possible? I can't seem to find the --make carbon fiber
texture button in the materials library. :^)

--
Steve Clarke
http://www.teleport.com/~sclarke