POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : CSG (lathe-Bspline) HELP? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:30:22 EDT (-0400)
  CSG (lathe-Bspline) HELP? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Tom Haynes
Subject: CSG (lathe-Bspline) HELP?
Date: 10 Sep 2000 02:15:17
Message: <39bb26f5$1@news.povray.org>
I recently tried to subtract a Bspline (from the Moray plugin) object from a
rotational sweep (lathe) object. Well, it did not work right. The whole
object just disappered when rendered. Since it takes 30+ minutes to render
each test to see what would work I decided to post the problem here first to
see if anyone could save me the effort. Here are the questions...
1. Can you use sweeps (extrudes, lathes, etc..) as part of a CSG object?
2. Can you use a Bspline as a CSG object?
3. Is a Bspline a POV supported object as a whole or is it pieced together
from other objects?
4. Is a Bspline a solid object (like a box) or just a surface (like a
Bpatch)?
5. Can a Bspline be made from solid objects (that can be used is a CSG)?
6. Can a sweep be made solid to be used in a CSG?

and on another topic all together

7. What is an Iso-surface, does Moray support them, how are they used and
why sould I care? I've read many how-to files posted with IRC stills and
many people speak of them. I can't find anything in the documentation about
them.

Also, I remember downloading Megapov a while back. I thought I installed it.
How can you tell if the Megapov functinality is available?

Thanks for youe time
Tom
System: Pentium running Windows, Moray V3.2 (Build 5298), POVRay V3.1g

Post a reply to this message