POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : convert height field to bezier patch Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:34:38 EDT (-0400)
  convert height field to bezier patch (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Stan
Subject: convert height field to bezier patch
Date: 21 Aug 2000 16:35:57
Message: <39A19296.1FABDB75@earthlink.net>
I don't suppose that there's any way to treat a height field as a mesh
and tweak it, hmm.

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: convert height field to bezier patch
Date: 21 Aug 2000 16:51:36
Message: <39A195D1.1DE407D0@pacbell.net>
Stan wrote:

> I don't suppose that there's any way to treat a height field as a mesh
> and tweak it, hmm.

There are utilities that will convert various image formats into a
HF representitive mesh. What tool you would use from there to treak
it however is not something I have any recommendations for.

HF tools -

http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Programs/Height_Field_Modelling_Programs_and_Utilities/