POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Question about plugin api Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Question about plugin api (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Scott Woodgate
Subject: Question about plugin api
Date: 13 May 2000 00:02:42
Message: <391cd3e2$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

I'm trying to enhance the pdb plugin that Lutz and K wrote.  I have it not
showing hydrogens, have resized the balls to fix a ball and cylinder model
etc. but I'm having trouble with the cylinder placements.

I have two cylinder end points (x,y,z) and (x1,y1,z1) and I want to put a
cylinder between them.  To do this I think I need to create a cylinder along
an axis and then two rotations to put it in the right orientation followed
by a translation.

The API gives me .rotateX, .rotateY, .rotateZ and it appears with my playing
around that if I set these they overwrite previous changes rather than being
additive.

My maths skills are not great; How to I take my two rotations into one.  It
also seems weird I specify the rotations in euler angles, but I can't see
anywhere where I can get a handle on the rotation matrix.

Ideas anyone?

Cheers,
Scott
s.w### [at] aucklandacnz