POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Animation w/ POVRAY Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:11:51 EDT (-0400)
  Animation w/ POVRAY (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Rocco Pochy
Subject: Animation w/ POVRAY
Date: 29 Apr 2000 23:12:53
Message: <390BA48A.6E1C9501@ix.netcom.com>
I just download the animation plug-in and tried a simple animation. Two things
came up. When using rendering method such as wireframe and flat, my image was
rendered upside down!?  When I try to use POVRAY was the rendered engine, it
renders the first frame and stops (the Options/Active Jobs say its rendering,
yet none of the processes are consuming any CPU time).

Ideas on what is going on?

TIA

> I just download the animation plug-in and tried a simple animation. Two things
> came up. When using rendering method such as wireframe and flat, my image was
> rendered upside down!?

That certainly shouldn't happen.  If you have a simple .mdl file that
exhibits the problem, I'll look at it.

  When I try to use POVRAY was the rendered engine, it
> renders the first frame and stops (the Options/Active Jobs say its rendering,
> yet none of the processes are consuming any CPU time).

Look at the beginning of the doc file (AnimPlugin.wri in the plugins
directory).  Due to a bug in the plugin, you need to manually set a path
so the plugin can work as a POV-Ray GUI extension.

Xander

Post a reply to this message

Alexander Enzmann <xan### [at] mitreorg> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
390D8EC1.279A6263@mitre.org...

> Rocco Pochy wrote:
> >
> > I just download the animation plug-in and tried a simple animation. Two
things
> > came up. When using rendering method such as wireframe and flat, my
image was
> > rendered upside down!?
>
> That certainly shouldn't happen.  If you have a simple .mdl file that
> exhibits the problem, I'll look at it.
I'll think his problem is the video-codec he 'll use ....
try it without compression or MS-Video ...