POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : "ray of light" Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:20:45 EDT (-0400)
  "ray of light" (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Warheart
Subject: "ray of light"
Date: 5 Mar 2000 00:17:28
Message: <38c1ede8@news.povray.org>
Hi all,
       I am having difficulty creating a desired effect. Let me explain what
I am trying to accomplish: You know how when it rains and the sun finally
starts to break through the clouds it creates a "ray of light" that you can
follow from sky to ground? Well I am trying to get that effect in a dark
room, through a window, with the light coming in from outside. I hope I am
making sense here. I have played with the fog option but I keep getting this
grey haze in my picture. I only want the fog to be visible in the dark room
when it passes through the path of the light. Thank you greatly in advance
for any help!

Josh

Post a reply to this message

>        I am having difficulty creating a desired effect. Let me explain what
> I am trying to accomplish: You know how when it rains and the sun finally
> starts to break through the clouds it creates a "ray of light" that you can
> follow from sky to ground? Well I am trying to get that effect in a dark
> room, through a window, with the light coming in from outside. I hope I am
> making sense here. I have played with the fog option but I keep getting this
> grey haze in my picture. I only want the fog to be visible in the dark room
> when it passes through the path of the light. Thank you greatly in advance
> for any help!
>
> Josh

You will want to use the "media" feature and a spot light for this affect.
There is a pretty good tutorial on how to do this at the following link -

http://members.xoom.com/POVRAY3/media2.html