POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Terrain Texturing? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:20:49 EDT (-0400)
  Terrain Texturing? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Chris Spencer
Subject: Terrain Texturing?
Date: 14 Feb 2000 21:48:39
Message: <38a8be87@news.povray.org>
Hi,

How can I place grass on a heightfield or distribute objects over hlly
terrains such as grass, trees, etc...?

 Thanks,
-Chris-

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Terrain Texturing?
Date: 16 Feb 2000 05:39:02
Message: <38AA7EF2.96775056@inter.nl.net>
Hi Chris,
A nice and fairly easy way to do this is with the Genesis Toolkit, to be
downloaded from:
http://www.rhein-ruhr.de/~schrammel/genesis.html

This works under POV-Ray, though. You can make your scene in Moray, and
then finish it with the Genesis Toolkit.
You can also use the  Vegetate utility by Mark Wagner, that only runs with
the Superpatch.

Cheers,
Thomas

Chris Spencer wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How can I place grass on a heightfield or distribute objects over hlly
> terrains such as grass, trees, etc...?
>
>  Thanks,
> -Chris-

Post a reply to this message