POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray or SmokeGen Bug Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Moray or SmokeGen Bug (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Psychomek
Subject: Moray or SmokeGen Bug
Date: 5 Feb 2000 16:09:57
Message: <389C946D.2F916148@cyberhighway.net>
when i create a smoke gen object with the  plug-in and manually scale
it.  it gives the following error:

File:VecList.cpp at line 69

If i hit ignore it scales it right and every thing.   Not sure if this
is a Moray 3.2 Beta bug or a SmokeGen plug-in bug....  please this is
very irritating.

I am using a Protec brand computer with a AMD K-6 II processor with a
Sis 530 vidcard with 57MB of ram and 8MB of shared Video ram.

Psychomek

Post a reply to this message

> when i create a smoke gen object with the  plug-in and manually scale
> it.  it gives the following error:
>
> File:VecList.cpp at line 69
>
> If i hit ignore it scales it right and every thing.   Not sure if this
> is a Moray 3.2 Beta bug or a SmokeGen plug-in bug....  please this is
> very irritating.
>
> I am using a Protec brand computer with a AMD K-6 II processor with a
> Sis 530 vidcard with 57MB of ram and 8MB of shared Video ram.
>
> Psychomek

http://users.zetnet.co.uk/keithh/index.htm
kei### [at] totalisecouk
kei### [at] zetnetcouk

Hi Psychomek, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> when i create a smoke gen object with the  plug-in and manually scale
> it.  it gives the following error:
How are you doing this? When I create a SmokeGen object I have no
possibility of scaling anything.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Psychomek
Date: 7 Feb 2000 11:55:37
Message: <389EFBBA.26D8639@cyberhighway.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Psychomek, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > when i create a smoke gen object with the  plug-in and manually scale
> > it.  it gives the following error:
> How are you doing this? When I create a SmokeGen object I have no
> possibility of scaling anything.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Not sure how i did it...  but it scales   but with the error.

When i installed the smoke gen i put the plugin in the plugin directory for
moray and the inc files in the includes for povray and it scales....   but
can't render cause of some problem with the Smokegen.MRY so i can't give
you a sample

Post a reply to this message

From: Psychomek
Date: 7 Feb 2000 12:13:34
Message: <389EFFF7.9D3D1DE6@cyberhighway.net>
also see my post in Moray.binaries

Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Psychomek, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > when i create a smoke gen object with the  plug-in and manually scale
> > it.  it gives the following error:
> How are you doing this? When I create a SmokeGen object I have no
> possibility of scaling anything.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Keith Hull
Date: 7 Feb 2000 13:38:10
Message: <389F11BC.C624CD73@totalise.co.uk>
Hi Psychomek/Lutz
Lutz you probably have the older version!

Scaling is in the modify tab but won't accomplish (sp) anything as you
can't scale the smoke object. You can only scale the Smoke Placeholder
(the cone shaped object). Neither can you rotate the Smoke but the
placeholder will rotate! As for Psychomeks error I can't reproduce it
:-(
To make the smoke bigger you will need to make the Max Final Size
bigger!

Regards,
Keith