POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : More Suggestions: Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:12:36 EDT (-0400)
  More Suggestions: (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Simon de Vet
Subject: More Suggestions:
Date: 23 Jan 2000 09:09:26
Message: <388B0BE4.3477CE0C@istar.ca>
a) Abillity to hide all objects not set to export.

b) Possibility (plugin?) to define cyllinders and cones by endpoints.

c) If an animation plugin is created, and exports individual scene files
for each frame, have the possibility of defining position, rotation, etc
of objects from a text file. Some physics simulators can export this
data, and to incorporate it into a reat animation would have endless
possibilities.

d) Some kind of visual representation of slope maps. I still can't
figure these things out.

e) Etc.

Great program!

Post a reply to this message

Hi Simon de Vet, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> a) Abillity to hide all objects not set to export.
> b) Possibility (plugin?) to define cyllinders and cones by endpoints.
> d) Some kind of visual representation of slope maps.
I'll note these in our database.

> c) If an animation plugin is created, ....
If? It already exists.

> ... have the possibility of defining position, rotation, etc
> of objects from a text file.
You'll have to speak to Xander about this.

> e) Etc.
I don't understand this request<g>.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Simon de Vet
Date: 23 Jan 2000 15:33:57
Message: <388B6604.242CA292@istar.ca>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> > e) Etc.
> I don't understand this request<g>.

More of everything, for less!

Post a reply to this message

From: Nieminen Juha
Date: 24 Jan 2000 03:49:53
Message: <388c1231@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
:> e) Etc.
: I don't understand this request<g>.

  I think it means "all the features that 3D-Studio and other high-end
modellers have plus full support for every feature of povray and megapov,
and more" ;)

From: Ken
Date: 24 Jan 2000 04:38:30
Message: <388C1CE1.AD37F09C@pacbell.net>
Nieminen Juha wrote:

> Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote:
> :> e) Etc.
> : I don't understand this request<g>.
>
>   I think it means "all the features that 3D-Studio and other high-end
> modellers have plus full support for every feature of povray and megapov,
> and more" ;)

...and a built in parser that will convert Moray and Pov-Ray files to
other 3D file formats :)