POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : RQ: highfield positioning tool Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  RQ: highfield positioning tool (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Bodo Heinlein
Subject: RQ: highfield positioning tool
Date: 23 Jan 2000 05:17:34
Message: <388AD5C2.B566C2C6@JPBErlin.de>
Hi!

It would like to request a moray feature:
A highfield positioning tool.

How I Imagine it to work:
If you've Checked a the hf-tool option, you may move an object over the
surface of a highfield. Even if you change the XY-Position, it's always
on the surface (or a pre-entered value above or below).

If you've a more complex object you may move a type of bounding box
instead.

It would be cool to arrange trees or houses, or, connected with the
animation plugin to move vehicles over landscapes.

Is it already too late (or too complex) to request this feature for
moray 3.2?

Hope it's not, and that there are others who would like it too.
	Gevatta

Post a reply to this message

Hi Bodo Heinlein, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> It would like to request a moray feature:
> A highfield positioning tool.
> [snip]
> Is it already too late (or too complex) to request this feature for
> moray 3.2?
Yes, we are in feature freeze since three weeks. Next version. Sorry.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray