POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Cylindrical blobs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:23:25 EDT (-0400)
  Cylindrical blobs (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Hans Petter Birkeland
Subject: Cylindrical blobs
Date: 17 Nov 1999 03:39:55
Message: <01bf30d7$52c7f040$7cdf43a0@fjdi27357.nrk.no>
The list of new features in Moray 3.1 says the following:
"Added cylindrical blob component support (plugin system only)."

What does this mean in reality? Do I need a plugin to use cylindrical
blobs? Does this plugin exist?
I tried to import an object from Blob Sculptor 2.0a containing both
cylinders and spheres, but only the spheres show in Moray. Anybody knows?
--
Hans Petter Birkeland
han### [at] c2inet

Post a reply to this message

Hi Hans Petter Birkeland, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> What does this mean in reality? Do I need a plugin to use cylindrical
> blobs?
Yes.

> Does this plugin exist?
No.

For the moment only spherical components are supported.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

Hi Hans Petter Birkeland, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I tried to import an object from Blob Sculptor 2.0a containing both
> cylinders and spheres, but only the spheres show in Moray.
Where did you find Blob Sculptor 2.0a (Ken's Links only have WinBlob
1.0)? If you could send me the BLB file and a link to the 2.0
sculptor, I would appreciate it.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 17 Nov 1999 10:30:48
Message: <3832C9E4.5630255C@pacbell.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Hans Petter Birkeland, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > I tried to import an object from Blob Sculptor 2.0a containing both
> > cylinders and spheres, but only the spheres show in Moray.
> Where did you find Blob Sculptor 2.0a (Ken's Links only have WinBlob
> 1.0)? If you could send me the BLB file and a link to the 2.0
> sculptor, I would appreciate it.

I would appreciate that link as well. The only 2.0 version that I am aware
of is for the Mac platform and I had to really dig for that one.

From: Tim Riley
Date: 17 Nov 1999 12:33:54
Message: <3832E700.417C68FB@its.bldrdoc.gov>
Ken wrote:

> I would appreciate that link as well. The only 2.0 version that I am aware
> of is for the Mac platform and I had to really dig for that one.

Used Metacrawler to come up with a number of links; here's one:

http://www.uni-jena.de/~p6sepa/software.htm

I don't know where the original source (Urquell - makes me thirsty) is.
The executable is dated 1995.

Post a reply to this message

From: Hans Petter Birkeland
Date: 17 Nov 1999 16:42:14
Message: <01bf3144$de57dae0$cd28d8c1@iytwylqv>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> skrev i artikkelen
<3832c114.16971413@194.174.214.110>...
> Where did you find Blob Sculptor 2.0a (Ken's Links only have WinBlob
> 1.0)? If you could send me the BLB file and a link to the 2.0
> sculptor, I would appreciate it.
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

I don't remember where I found it, it was several months ago and I didn't
save the link. I'll send you my BLB file by mail. Thanks for your help.

--
Hans Petter Birkeland

han### [at] c2inet
http://home.c2i.net/hanspb/