POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Patch for Moray to Use Photon Mapping Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:26:31 EDT (-0400)
  Patch for Moray to Use Photon Mapping (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: nospam
Subject: Patch for Moray to Use Photon Mapping
Date: 18 Oct 1999 21:37:41
Message: <380bcb65@news.povray.org>
Please add Photon mapping to Moray I would like to use this feature but
I hate writting code.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iso-8859-1' (1 KB)

From: Alan Kong
Subject: Re: Patch for Moray to Use Photon Mapping
Date: 19 Oct 1999 22:01:42
Message: <RSINONepFrBtd3gYuBirfdlFdtDW@4ax.com>
On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:39:32 -0400, <nospam@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>Please add Photon mapping to Moray I would like to use this feature but I hate
writting code.

  Photon mapping is not a feature found in the official POV-Ray. Not likely
that Moray would support a feature that may undergo further changes before
being incorporated in the official release.

Alan Kong <ako### [at] pacbellNO-SPAMnet> wrote...
> On Mon, 18 Oct 1999 21:39:32 -0400, <nospam@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
> >Please add Photon mapping to Moray I would like to use this feature but I
hate writting code.

>   Photon mapping is not a feature found in the official POV-Ray. Not
likely
> that Moray would support a feature that may undergo further changes before
> being incorporated in the official release.

True.  Also, it is currently pretty easy to add the script for photons after
exporting.  Just keep an extra copy of the photon code on hand so if you
have to export again, you can quickly cut-and-paste your code to put the
photons back in the scene.

-Nathan