POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Request: POV2MDL CONVERTER Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Request: POV2MDL CONVERTER (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: Request: POV2MDL CONVERTER
Date: 11 Oct 1999 14:44:29
Message: <38022fe6.3010248@194.174.214.110>
Hi Ken, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I know little about the development on this but you can read up on it at:
Ahh, OK, my mistake. It didn't stop at 2.2 but at 3.0.
- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Nathan Kopp
Date: 13 Oct 1999 22:36:53
Message: <380541c5@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote...
> Hi Nathan Kopp, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > Seems to me Thomas Baier wrote a little patch of POV-Ray (the POB patch)
> > which would parse the scene and output a binary file.
> Yes, but Thomas has no intention of developing it further for POV-Ray
> 3.0 or 3.1. It currently only reads POV-Ray 2.2 files.

I guess my point was that if you ever got the urge to write a POV to MDL
converter, you could use POV-Ray code, just as Mr. Baier used POV code for
the POB SDK.  Not as elegant as a dedicated utility, but it would get the
job done and still stay within the license agreement of POV.

-Nathan