POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : imagemap Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  imagemap (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Alexander Zeitler
Subject: imagemap
Date: 15 Sep 1999 17:12:27
Message: <37e00bbb@news.povray.org>
hi,

i created a cube in moray 3.1 and then created an imagemap
how can i get povray to render an copy of this map on every
plane of the cube?

greetings

alexande

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: imagemap
Date: 15 Sep 1999 17:18:24
Message: <37E00CAB.413C9193@pacbell.net>
Alexander Zeitler wrote:

> hi,
>
> i created a cube in moray 3.1 and then created an imagemap
> how can i get povray to render an copy of this map on every
> plane of the cube?
>
> greetings
>
> alexande

There is a limitation in the way that POV-Ray handles image_maps that
makes it so you cannot map an image onto each face of a box. To get
around this create one flat box and use 6 copies of it to form a cube.
This way you can map 6 different images onto a cube if you wanted to
and each could have a different rotation.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 1000+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at: