POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Superpatch/UVPOV features in Moray? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:22:39 EDT (-0400)
  Superpatch/UVPOV features in Moray? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Superpatch/UVPOV features in Moray?
Date: 12 Sep 1999 14:34:34
Message: <37dbf23a@news.povray.org>
Is there any plugin you can use to enable Superpatch and/or UVPOV features
in Moray?

If so, where could I get it?

-Ian

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: Superpatch/UVPOV features in Moray?
Date: 13 Sep 1999 03:56:10
Message: <37dcae75.521950@194.174.214.110>
Hi Ian Burgmyer, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Is there any plugin you can use to enable Superpatch and/or UVPOV features
> in Moray?
No, not that I am aware of.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Date: 13 Sep 1999 23:16:53
Message: <37ddbe25@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
news:37d### [at] 194174214110...
> No, not that I am aware of.

Oh, okay.  I don't really even know what Superpatch or UVPOV can do.  I just
really wanted to test them.  Hehe.

-Ian

Post a reply to this message

> Lutz Kretzschmar <lut### [at] stmuccom> wrote in message
> news:37d### [at] 194174214110...
> > No, not that I am aware of.
>
> Oh, okay.  I don't really even know what Superpatch or UVPOV can do.  I just
> really wanted to test them.  Hehe.

Most of the nicest Superpatch features (for the Moray non coder) are their
texture stuff.

Since these are quite simple, I create 99% of the texture in Moray, then edit
the file manually in the SuperPatch to add angle dependant reflection, blurred
reflection, metallic reflection, etc..

Post a reply to this message

> Most of the nicest Superpatch features (for the Moray non coder) are their
> texture stuff.
>
> Since these are quite simple, I create 99% of the texture in Moray, then
edit
> the file manually in the SuperPatch to add angle dependant reflection,
blurred
> reflection, metallic reflection, etc..

Ahh, I see.  Thanks for the advice!

I do know how to screw around with POV code a little :)

-Ian