POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Texture Editor Rendering in Superpatch Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:23:26 EDT (-0400)
  Texture Editor Rendering in Superpatch (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Tony Vigil
Subject: Texture Editor Rendering in Superpatch
Date: 1 Sep 1999 19:09:16
Message: <37CDB203.499A1F6E@emc-inc.com>
I can't get Superpatch to render in the texture editor.  All I get is a
black window.  I can do it with the official version of POV as well as
UVPOV.

Has anybody else found this to be a problem?

By the way, my povray.ini file has all renderings going to c:\images.
This doesn't seem to be the problem since the official POV and UVPOV
both work correctly - but perhaps it has something to do with it.

Post a reply to this message

Hi Tony Vigil, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I can't get Superpatch to render in the texture editor.  All I get is a
> black window.  I can do it with the official version of POV as well as
> UVPOV.
Is the GUI Extension loaded in POV? Check the Menu and make sure the
Moray Comm DLL is installed there.
- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Tony Vigil
Date: 2 Sep 1999 14:28:42
Message: <37CEC41F.B2881B7C@emc-inc.com>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Is the GUI Extension loaded in POV? Check the Menu and make sure the
> Moray Comm DLL is installed there.
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Lutz,

Yes, the GUI extension is loaded & enabled in POV.  I have even started Moray
directly from POV - but still no texture renderings.  Any other thoughts?

Tony

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 3 Sep 1999 07:30:08
Message: <37cfae66.16570406@194.174.214.110>
Hi Tony Vigil, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Yes, the GUI extension is loaded & enabled in POV.  I have even started Moray
> directly from POV - but still no texture renderings.  Any other thoughts?
Hmmm.

Go into the Material Editor and press F9.
- Does the little bar to the right of the preview window wander
  down as it renders?
- Does POV-Ray give an error message in the Message Window?
- Does POV-Ray create the preview in its own rendering window?
- Is the preview created on disk, i.e. is the image file created?

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Tony Vigil
Date: 3 Sep 1999 15:11:57
Message: <37D01FBF.8B0CA784@gte.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> - Does the little bar to the right of the preview window wander
>   down as it renders?
> - Does POV-Ray give an error message in the Message Window?
> - Does POV-Ray create the preview in its own rendering window?
> - Is the preview created on disk, i.e. is the image file created?
>
> - Lutz
>   email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>   Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Lutz,

No to all four questions.
:(

tony

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Date: 3 Sep 1999 15:42:45
Message: <37D0245E.17E8B4A6@pacbell.net>
Tony Vigil wrote:

> I can't get Superpatch to render in the texture editor.  All I get is a
> black window.  I can do it with the official version of POV as well as
> UVPOV.
>
> Has anybody else found this to be a problem?
>
> By the way, my povray.ini file has all renderings going to c:\images.
> This doesn't seem to be the problem since the official POV and UVPOV
> both work correctly - but perhaps it has something to do with it.

I have reposted your question in the povray.unofficial patches group and
perhaps Ron Parker will offer some insight into this problem for you.
He may not have Moray on his system though so don't expect miracles.

--
Ken Tyler

See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:

From: Tony Vigil
Date: 4 Sep 1999 03:08:10
Message: <37D0C79F.2CD38D1D@gte.net>
Ken,

Thanks!  That was my next stop - just as soon as I figured out for sure that
it wasn't Moray or something I was doing wrong.

Ken wrote:

> Tony Vigil wrote:
> >
> > I can't get Superpatch to render in the texture editor.  All I get is a
> > black window.  I can do it with the official version of POV as well as
> > UVPOV.
> >
> > Has anybody else found this to be a problem?
> >
> > By the way, my povray.ini file has all renderings going to c:\images.
> > This doesn't seem to be the problem since the official POV and UVPOV
> > both work correctly - but perhaps it has something to do with it.
>
> I have reposted your question in the povray.unofficial patches group and
> perhaps Ron Parker will offer some insight into this problem for you.
> He may not have Moray on his system though so don't expect miracles.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> See my 850+ Povray and 3D Rendering and Raytracing Links at:
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/index.html

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 5 Sep 1999 07:32:27
Message: <37d34aae.3378668@194.174.214.110>
Hi Tony Vigil, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> No to all four questions.
Urghh.

- Is the file POVTXTR.POV and POVTXTR.INI created
  in the POVSCN directory?
- If so, load the INI into POV-Ray and render it (Alt-G).
  Does it render?

What I forgot to ask is whether rendering in the Moray main view
works?

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Tony Vigil
Date: 5 Sep 1999 12:25:16
Message: <37D29B9F.46FB04@gte.net>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> What I forgot to ask is whether rendering in the Moray main view
> works?

Nope.  I'm sure its the same problem though.  Thanks again to Ken for
posting the question in the unofficial.patches ng.