POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : IK and animation, any hints ? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:34:16 EDT (-0400)
  IK and animation, any hints ? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Glenn Richard Bech
Subject: IK and animation, any hints ?
Date: 26 Aug 1999 00:32:17
Message: <37c4c351@news.povray.org>
Hi group.

Im pretty new to Raytracing, but find Moray and Povray to be excellent!
Just checked out the tutorial on Morays offical homepages on IK, and they
were pretty good... However, when I export my Moray file to Povray. all IK
information is LOST (Just comments in the sourcefile), I guess this is
because Moray, a modeller, has support for IK, but Povray, a Raytracer, Has
not...

Can someone explain to me the trick of making animations the utilize IK ?
Any plugins ? Anything ?

----
You know you have been raytracing too long when the reflection of light in
the urinal of the local pub attracts your attention so much you run home and
render it.

Post a reply to this message

You ask about IK in Povray, it doesn't support it. Only Moray can make it.
Making animation is dificult with POV because it only use the clock variable.
But if I remenber I read in the Moray homepage that Softronics Team is working
on an animation plugin for POV, and it will  probably come soon. Sorry my
english is poor.

--
LABORDE Christophe