POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray Export Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Moray Export (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: MSP
Subject: Moray Export
Date: 28 Jul 1999 14:56:02
Message: <379F523A.A86820FF@none.com>
Is there a way to go from moray to .pov? To do some touching up in the
editor? or do you do first in the editor then Moray?

Post a reply to this message

From: Bernd M  Jordan
Subject: Re: Moray Export
Date: 28 Jul 1999 15:50:19
Message: <379f5efb@news.povray.org>
When Moray exports to .pov it simply writes into a text file that happens to
have the .pov suffix. That is the default suffix PoV-Ray for Windows looks
for. You can then edit this file to your liking in basically any text editor
but you have to keep in mind that any manual changes to it cannot be
(automatically) fed back to Moray and will be lost if you export from Moray
into the same file again.

Hope it helps.

--
.....Opinions are my own....
Bernd M. Jordan

MSP wrote in message <379F523A.A86820FF@none.com>...
>Is there a way to go from moray to .pov? To do some touching up in the
>editor? or do you do first in the editor then Moray?

Post a reply to this message

> When Moray exports to .pov it simply writes into a text file that happens to
> have the .pov suffix. That is the default suffix PoV-Ray for Windows looks
> for. You can then edit this file to your liking in basically any text editor
> but you have to keep in mind that any manual changes to it cannot be
> (automatically) fed back to Moray and will be lost if you export from Moray
> into the same file again.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> --
> .....Opinions are my own....
> Bernd M. Jordan

I can't seem to find where to export From Moray to a .pov textfile? Is there a
seperate program or Moray option? I'm sorry if this is an obvious question

Post a reply to this message

> > When Moray exports to .pov it simply writes into a text file that happens to
> > have the .pov suffix. That is the default suffix PoV-Ray for Windows looks
> > for. You can then edit this file to your liking in basically any text editor
> > but you have to keep in mind that any manual changes to it cannot be
> > (automatically) fed back to Moray and will be lost if you export from Moray
> > into the same file again.
> >
> > Hope it helps.
> >
> > --
> > .....Opinions are my own....
> > Bernd M. Jordan
> >

> I can't seem to find where to export From Moray to a .pov textfile? Is there a
> seperate program or Moray option? I'm sorry if this is an obvious question

Choose Render>Export from Moray's Menu. This will create a .pov and .inc
file in the directory you have selected in the Render Options dialog
("directory for POV files", moray\povscn\ by default).

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm

Post a reply to this message

> > > When Moray exports to .pov it simply writes into a text file that happens to
> > > have the .pov suffix. That is the default suffix PoV-Ray for Windows looks
> > > for. You can then edit this file to your liking in basically any text editor
> > > but you have to keep in mind that any manual changes to it cannot be
> > > (automatically) fed back to Moray and will be lost if you export from Moray
> > > into the same file again.
> > >
> > > Hope it helps.
> > >
> > > --
> > > .....Opinions are my own....
> > > Bernd M. Jordan
> > >

> > I can't seem to find where to export From Moray to a .pov textfile? Is there a
> > seperate program or Moray option? I'm sorry if this is an obvious question
>
> Choose Render>Export from Moray's Menu. This will create a .pov and .inc
> file in the directory you have selected in the Render Options dialog
> ("directory for POV files", moray\povscn\ by default).
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
> http://home.pacbell.net/tylereng/links.htm