POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Material space (local, parent, world) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:28:27 EDT (-0400)
  Material space (local, parent, world) (Message 11 to 11 of 11)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: Material space (local, parent, world)
Date: 29 Jul 1999 03:02:32
Message: <37a0fc6f.2490220@194.174.214.110>
Hi Tony Vigil, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I'm not sure I understand the difference between 'Global' & 'Parent'.  If I
> add a texture to a cube, the wireframe behaves the same way when I set the
> texture to 'Global' or 'Parent'.
That is correct. Since the Cube has no parent, the Parent system is
the same as the global system. If you have a nested CSG object and say
on a cube at the 5th level you set Parent, then the cube will use the
coordinate system of the CSG at the 4th level.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray