POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Lutz? How COULD you...... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:31:15 EDT (-0400)
  Lutz? How COULD you...... (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Twyst
Subject: Lutz? How COULD you......
Date: 2 Jul 1999 20:58:37
Message: <377d603d@news.povray.org>
....choose to use transforms for placing cylinders and cones?
I'm attempting to create a plugin - and I'm finding it incredibly hard to
place cones where I need them, because I'm working in coordinates as opposed
to transforms.... and there seems to be no method internally of defining a
cone as "point1,radius1,point2,radius2".

<sigh>
The format in this instance is the CTD format. it's VERY simple..

X Y Z Radius
X Y Z Radius
X Y Z Radius
;comment
X Y Z Radius
X Y Z Radius

If there's a blank line(or 2, etc.) it starts a new CSG/group/whatever.

very simple. Not used very much, tho. I use it to define 3-dimensional
splines, and smoothing with spheres and cones. (alternatively, it can be
used with the SuperPatch, and SphereSweeps)

It doesn't require a generated mesh, as it uses primitives.

Can you help?

Twyst