POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Textures for fishes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Textures for fishes (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: smb
Subject: Textures for fishes
Date: 28 May 1999 09:52:24
Message: <374E8EFC.46C0EA77@stuttgart.netsurf.de>
Hi All,
I am doing an aquarium with exotic fishes and stones and corals and the
like.
I need textures for this. I am doing the shapes with Rhino and export
the meshes
via Moray to POV. The idea now is, not to have a complete image of the
fish to
stick to the fish, but procedural textures for the body, the fins etc.
I am glad about any hint/link to the subject. I have just some days for
this.
Thanks a lot.

steff

Post a reply to this message

get a fishing book from your local lib, some have very large pictures in
them, yes you guessed it, image mapping :), as fish as quite thin, dont
worry about the lack of UV in POVray, it works, trusst me.

Rick

smb <ste### [at] stuttgartnetsurfde> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> I am doing an aquarium with exotic fishes and stones and corals and the
> like.
> I need textures for this. I am doing the shapes with Rhino and export
> the meshes
> via Moray to POV. The idea now is, not to have a complete image of the
> fish to
> stick to the fish, but procedural textures for the body, the fins etc.
> I am glad about any hint/link to the subject. I have just some days for
> this.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> steff

Post a reply to this message