POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : CSG Union/Group? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 02:30:44 EDT (-0400)
  CSG Union/Group? (Message 1 to 9 of 9)
From: Walters
Subject: CSG Union/Group?
Date: 13 May 1999 15:25:34
Message: <373B1903.13394421@wxs.nl>
Are there any differences between a
Group and a CSG union? When to use
which?
They seem to do the same thing with with
objects. I don't see the use of groups.
Do they just exist to arrange objects
more conveniently? In that case the
Union CSG seems quite useless. Am I
making a fuss out of nothing or is there
really a difference?
Besides all that I would like to know
what stands CSG for.

(this is going to be a bit OT)
As you can see I am quite new to Moray.
The nicest picture I made was one of a
hotairballoon, flying over a landscape.
I made a heightfield of the landscape
with Terragen, imported it to Moray and
added the balloon, light and a camera. I
rendered the picture, threw away the
landscape exept for the balloon and it's
shadow with PSP (the shadow should have
the right size and shape because of the
special shape of the mountain. Then I
pasted the shadow and the balloon in the
landscape which I rendered with Terragen
itself using same Cameraposition,
lookatpoint and lightdirection.
Terragen makes very realistic
landscapes, Moray couldn't do that. Now
the problem is that the balloon doesn't
look realistic enough for the landscape.
Oh well. I can't have it all, can I?
I'll post the picture to the
povray.images newsgroup soon with
warnings it was made by a beginner.