POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: 2 questions: Plugins & Media Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:25:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 2 questions: Plugins & Media (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: 2 questions: Plugins & Media
Date: 4 May 1999 08:20:07
Message: <372fd620.15429246@194.174.214.110>
Hi Thomas de Groot, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> 1) I want to use the DomeGenerator plugin (Philippe Gibone) in Moray, I
> put the dll file in the plugin directory as indicated, but then, how do
> I access the plugin? It appears nowhere (even after restarting the
> program).
If it is properly loaded, which you can check by calling View|Loaded
Plugins, then there is an entry in the Create|Plugin Objects menu and
in the Create Tab (on the right of the screen) called 'Dome'.

> 2) Perhaps I came across a bug in Moray? In 'media' you can only provide
> the 'scattering' color, but not the 'type' and other parameters
> described in POV-Ray.
When I add a Media Node to a Interior node, and have the Media Node
selected, I see a checkbox called Scattering. If I check that
checkbox, I see a combobox containing the scattering type. I also see
Extinction and Eccentricity. And if I activate these things, I see the
export in the sample POV-Ray output. And I can add Scattering Color,
Emmision Color and Absorption Color nodes.

So, all in all, I cannot reconstruct the problems you are having.
Maybe you can explain in more detail?

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 4 May 1999 13:03:37
Message: <372F1AEA.DD2FFC5D@inter.NL.net>
I feel ashamed!!!!!!  )-[
My stupidity is increased by my blindeness it seems. {:-}
I got it right now. The Dome dll was in the wrong folder (unzipping caused
also a recursing of the original Gibone folders as well). Now it works of
course!
About my second question, I really don't see how I could have missed that one!

Thank you very much indeed, Lutz, for taking time to help me out. I really
appreciate it!

Thomas