POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Pac-Man... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:17:39 EDT (-0400)
  Pac-Man... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Crazyfish
Subject: Pac-Man...
Date: 27 Mar 1999 16:11:34
Message: <36FD3AF4.3FEA@flash.net>
How do u make half-spheres on moray?  Using a intersect{} type thing
would overload my brain on finding the command. Please help.

Post a reply to this message

From: Matthew Bennett
Subject: Re: Pac-Man...
Date: 27 Mar 1999 17:52:13
Message: <36fd611d.0@news.povray.org>
Crazyfish wrote in message <36F### [at] flashnet>...
>How do u make half-spheres on moray?  Using a intersect{} type thing
>would overload my brain on finding the command. Please help.

Create a sphere.  Create a box.  Position the box so that it covers half of
the sphere.  Create a CSG object.  Add the sphere and box.  Set the
operation to "intersection".  Click evaluate if you like.  Voila.  Half a
sphere.  Don't forget to give this new CSG object a material - and only do
stuff to the CSG object, not the individual sphere/box.

As for how to save your images, here's fun:

Make your scene in Moray.  Render it (F9).  Now, go to your /Moray for
Windows/PovScn directory, and well what do you know, if there isn't a nice
little .bmp file of what you just rendered.  Open it up in your favourite
paint program, (I'd recommend PSP5 myself).  View and admire.  If you want
it as a .jpg, get your paint program to save it as a .jpg (Save As..
normally).

Screen capturing the POV window to save your image is just a little dumb ;)

Have fun,

Matt

Post a reply to this message