POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : planes Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:25:58 EDT (-0400)
  planes (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: bucky
Subject: planes
Date: 18 Jan 1999 18:08:09
Message: <36a3bed9.0@news.povray.org>
Are planes ALWAYS infinite I tried making a room out of planes but I kept
getting infiniteplanes

-bucky

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: planes
Date: 18 Jan 1999 18:14:50
Message: <36A3BFE5.27459D5A@pacbell.net>
bucky wrote:

> Are planes ALWAYS infinite I tried making a room out of planes but I kept
> getting infiniteplanes
>
> -bucky

 Planes are always infinite unless used in CSG operations.
See the Pov .inc files shapes.old, shapes.inc, and shapes2.inc
for eamples of usage. Many times it is easier to used scaled
boxes for walls. The textures you apply will scale more
realisticaly and they don't have the problem of them being infinite.

--
Ken Tyler

tyl### [at] pacbellnet