POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Is something burning??? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:13:56 EDT (-0400)
  Is something burning??? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Crazyfish
Subject: Is something burning???
Date: 27 Mar 1999 20:49:40
Message: <36FD7BF6.606A@flash.net>
I want to make fire.  I allready used a cone, and the texture of Fire,
but I've never seen fire look like that.  I want it where it looks kinda
gassy.  Is that possible?

Post a reply to this message

From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Re: Is something burning???
Date: 27 Mar 1999 22:33:18
Message: <36FDA2DA.7D7F8E65@mninter.net>
OK. Here is the only other way to make fire look good, without touching the
container object:
Make teh media with a density colormap pattern in the shape of the object
you will be using(If using a cylinder, choose cylindrical mapping). Make the
two extremes of teh color equal to black. Make the inner areas equal to
whatever colors you want. Add noise modifiers to the media. There, you
should have some gassy looking fires.

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

Post a reply to this message