POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Saving files... Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Saving files... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Crazyfish
Subject: Saving files...
Date: 27 Mar 1999 14:54:12
Message: <36FD28D5.1149@flash.net>
Ok, if povray renders the pic, it saves it to three different files.  A
.pov, .bmp, and another one. There isn't ANYWAY to get the Moray
pictures on teh .jpg file type?

Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Saving files...
Date: 27 Mar 1999 15:07:35
Message: <36FD3987.BA8FADC9@pacbell.net>
Crazyfish wrote:

> Ok, if povray renders the pic, it saves it to three different files.  A
> .pov, .bmp, and another one. There isn't ANYWAY to get the Moray
> pictures on teh .jpg file type?

  Moray is only showing you the preview image being fed from Pov-Ray.
Moray has no interal ability to produce any picture type except the
modeling environment. The output from Pov does not have a .jpg option
so you will have to take the better quality .bmp file that is produced
and convert it to the inferior quality .jpg format with a conversion
utility, paint program, or image manipulation program. The three main
types of image output that Pov uses are .tga, .bmp, and .png. It will
read in all three plus .gif files. Sorry but there is no support for
.jpg image files nor is there any plans to add it in the future that
I am aware of.

So in answer to your question yes there are three files .mdl, .pov, .bmp.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

> So in answer to your question yes there are three files .mdl, .pov, .bmp.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Sorry Ken, your not wrong often, but this time you are. There are 4 files
.mdl,.pov,.inc,.bmp (or.tga, or .png)

i guess hell just froze over!  :-)

Post a reply to this message

> > So in answer to your question yes there are three files .mdl, .pov, .bmp.
> >
> > --
> > Ken Tyler
> >
> > mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net
>
> Sorry Ken, your not wrong often, but this time you are. There are 4 files
> .mdl,.pov,.inc,.bmp (or.tga, or .png)
>
> i guess hell just froze over!  :-)

Brrr... it's cold down here.