POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : GIF imagemap probs Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:32:12 EDT (-0400)
  GIF imagemap probs (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: mdmdc0
Subject: GIF imagemap probs
Date: 20 Mar 1999 21:50:56
Message: <36F45E92.77F9B60E@postoffice2.bellatlantic.net>
I'm trying to make a replica of my desk.
I've got a passable replica of the monitor that sits on it; however,
when I use a GIF file to make the "Screen" for it, I get this error from
POV-Ray:
      desk.inc:419 error:  Interlacing in GIF image unsupported.
I used Photoshop 4 to export the GIF from a BMP screenshot of my
desktop.
Then I tried just using a BMP... but nothing showed up on the "Screen".
I'm using Moray Windows 3.1, and POVRay Windows 3.1d... Mayhaps I should
just mess around with it until it figures it self out...
Michael

Post a reply to this message

mdm### [at] postoffice2bellatlanticnet wrote:

> I'm trying to make a replica of my desk.
> I've got a passable replica of the monitor that sits on it; however,
> when I use a GIF file to make the "Screen" for it, I get this error from
> POV-Ray:
>       desk.inc:419 error:  Interlacing in GIF image unsupported.
> I used Photoshop 4 to export the GIF from a BMP screenshot of my
> desktop.
> Then I tried just using a BMP... but nothing showed up on the "Screen".
> I'm using Moray Windows 3.1, and POVRay Windows 3.1d... Mayhaps I should
> just mess around with it until it figures it self out...
> Michael

  When you convert the file to gif format be sure that you have Photoshop
set to output a gif type 89a . You probably have it set to save as an
interlaced gif image and Pov can't handle that format. I believe it can also
handle type 87 but the gif 89 is the newer release and the preferred of the
two.

--
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

Post a reply to this message

There is a check box when you are trying to export it: Interlaced
De-click that, and voila!
Try using a TGA, if that doesn't work.

--
Only I can prevent narcissism!

Post a reply to this message

>  When you convert the file to gif format be sure that you have Photoshop

> set to output a gif type 89a . You probably have it set to save as an
> interlaced gif image and Pov can't handle that format. I believe it can also
> handle type 87 but the gif 89 is the newer release and the preferred of the
> two.

*facepalms* Doh.  Interlaced.  DUH on me. I really must NOT work 3D early in the
morning/Late evening.  Long days tend to fry the mind.
Thanks to both of yas.
Michael