POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : TextureView for Moray Server Time
29 Jul 2024 06:27:04 EDT (-0400)
  TextureView for Moray (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Cristian Ramirez
Subject: TextureView for Moray
Date: 11 Mar 1999 22:37:36
Message: <36E89DB8.B02AAC03@entelchile.net>
For sure, TextureView is a great tool, but it lacks the Moray 3.1
texture library.
I have made a file for TextureView with all of Moray's materials. You
may download it from
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Orion/8052/moray31.zip

To install the library, just copy the *.txv file into the
\TextureView\lib directory, and the *.inc files where you want. Just
remember to specify the *.inc files path in TextureView (File | Find
Texture | Other).

Enjoy.

--
+------------------------------+
|      Cristian Ramirez        |

Post a reply to this message

Hey Excellent.  I use both of these tools and it'd always bugged me alot
that they used different libraries.  Thanks-A-Million!!
		Kyle

Cristian Ramirez wrote:

> For sure, TextureView is a great tool, but it lacks the Moray 3.1
> texture library.
> I have made a file for TextureView with all of Moray's materials. You
> may download it from
> http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Orion/8052/moray31.zip
>
> To install the library, just copy the *.txv file into the
> \TextureView\lib directory, and the *.inc files where you want. Just
> remember to specify the *.inc files path in TextureView (File | Find
> Texture | Other).
>
> Enjoy.
>
> --
> +------------------------------+
> |      Cristian Ramirez        |
> |   ram### [at] entelchilenet    |
> |                              |
> |    Gregorio Maranon 1380     |
> |        Vina del Mar          |
> |            CHILE             |
> +------------------------------+

Post a reply to this message

> > For sure, TextureView is a great tool, but it lacks the Moray 3.1
> > texture library.
> > I have made a file for TextureView with all of Moray's materials. You
> > may download it from
> > http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Orion/8052/moray31.zip
> >
> > To install the library, just copy the *.txv file into the
> > \TextureView\lib directory, and the *.inc files where you want. Just
> > remember to specify the *.inc files path in TextureView (File | Find
> > Texture | Other).
> >
> > Enjoy.

I also use both tools and converted the textures of moray 3.1 for myself, but I

encountered some diffences between the textures of moray and the standard textures

of POV Ray (Moray defines most of them also in its texture library!)

For example lack the Moray textures of the metals the setting of metallic flag. It is

not set!

Therefore be careful, if you want the standard textures of POV for Moray objects.

Yours,

 Axel Baune

Axel Baune                                            Phone:  +49 731 502 4242
Department of Neural Information Processing             Fax:  +49 731 502 4156
University of Ulm
89069 Ulm                            email: aba### [at] neuroinformatikuni-ulmde
Germany                            URL (privat): http://www.uni-ulm.de/~abaune