POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : IK: Any possibility to link three objects in this way? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 10:20:25 EDT (-0400)
  IK: Any possibility to link three objects in this way? (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: Tom Kaeser
Subject: IK: Any possibility to link three objects in this way?
Date: 10 Jan 1999 14:51:55
Message: <369904ad.349635@news.stmuc.com>
Hi there!

This is a simple problem but really hard to explain....

I'm trying to create something like a robot arm and need to link three
parts of it in a somewhat special way:

A-B              A: arm 2              B: expandable hydraulic cyl.
B-C              C: arm 1              * : rotation axis
C-A

as a triangle...

   _______________________

    \    \           / /
      \    \       / / B
        \    \   / /
          \    \ ?? missing link
            \ * \
          C \ _ \

I've linked A to B and A to C in CSG Unions but can't connect B and C
in the same way...  well - I just need to fix the loose end of B to C
so that it won't move away from it when A is moved...

Grateful for every hint!

Tom Kaeser

Remove the x!
tka### [at] g26ethzch