POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 3.1 Problems Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:41 EDT (-0400)
  Moray 3.1 Problems (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Matthew Henderson
Subject: Moray 3.1 Problems
Date: 25 Dec 1998 10:41:17
Message: <3683B1DD.98E8EDF4@linknet.net>
I'm having problems in Moray 3.1 when trying to preview a texture
and when trying to render an image. This is the error message I get
when trying to preview a texture. Any help would be appreciated.

//

#declare PreviewTexture =
   material  <----ERROR

POVTXTR.POV:12: error: object or directive expected but undeclared
identifier 'material' found instead.

Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)

--
Calvin: Life is like topography, Hobbes.
There are summits of happiness and success.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm having problems in Moray 3.1 when trying to preview a texture
> and when trying to render an image. This is the error message I get
> when trying to preview a texture. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> //
>
> #declare PreviewTexture =
>    material  <----ERROR
>
> POVTXTR.POV:12: error: object or directive expected but undeclared
> identifier 'material' found instead.
>
> Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)

Is this a new material that you created? It sounds like you have left
something out, I had similar problem in Moray 3.0 when I was trying to
create a image map. I finally figured out what I was missing and now I
have a really good grass texture. Post the entire material if you are
not able to find the problem.

--
Daniel Hargreaves
SD Graphics

Post a reply to this message

> I'm having problems in Moray 3.1 when trying to preview a texture
> and when trying to render an image. This is the error message I get
> when trying to preview a texture. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> //
>
> #declare PreviewTexture =
>    material  <----ERROR
>
> POVTXTR.POV:12: error: object or directive expected but undeclared
> identifier 'material' found instead.

This is a POV problem and not a Moray problem.  It isn't with
the material statement but with what preceeds it.  I think you are
likely missing a "}" or something similar -- if you haven't
figured it out, post a slightly fuller code fragment here.

Dan

Post a reply to this message

Matthew Henderson heeft geschreven in bericht
<3683B1DD.98E8EDF4@linknet.net>...
>I'm having problems in Moray 3.1 when trying to preview a texture
>and when trying to render an image. This is the error message I get
>when trying to preview a texture. Any help would be appreciated.
>
>//
>

>#declare PreviewTexture =
>   material  <----ERROR
>
>POVTXTR.POV:12: error: object or directive expected but undeclared
>identifier 'material' found instead.
>

>Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)
>

>--
>Calvin: Life is like topography, Hobbes.
>There are summits of happiness and success.
>Flat stretches of boring routine.
>And valleys of frustration and failure.
>--
>http://www.fortunecity.com/underworld/riven/473/
>http://www.rhema.net/chef/

It looks to me that POVRay doesn't recognize the word material itself.
Are you sure you're using POV-Ray 3.1? Cause the material statement doesn't
exist in an older version of POV.

ZK

Post a reply to this message

This error is due to the fact that you are probably using POV-Ray 3.0
instead of 3.1.