POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Don't Grok Media!!!!!! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 16:32:03 EDT (-0400)
  Don't Grok Media!!!!!! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Don't Grok Media!!!!!!
Date: 23 Dec 1998 00:23:31
Message: <36807EE0.A5168738@mninter.net>
Sorry, I sound like another whiny person, nitpicking over a feature that
I am sure is very well explained in the manual, but I am wondering how
to get media to work. I do the normal halo steps(transparent texture),
and then, I try to add a media, a density colormap, but nothing appears.

--
"Only after the last tree has been cut down. Only after the last river
has

Post a reply to this message

> Sorry, I sound like another whiny person, nitpicking over a feature that
> I am sure is very well explained in the manual, but I am wondering how
> to get media to work. I do the normal halo steps(transparent texture),
> and then, I try to add a media, a density colormap, but nothing appears.

You need to set emitting colours, and maybe also scattering and interfering.

I don't understand it yet, but the pov manual explains it. It's certainly
not a direct translation of halo.... Looks cool, though :)

Simon
http://home.istar.ca/~sdevet