POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Import problem (UDO/RAW) Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:26:34 EDT (-0400)
  Import problem (UDO/RAW) (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Rick
Subject: Import problem (UDO/RAW)
Date: 15 Nov 1998 06:20:31
Message: <364eb8ff.0@news.povray.org>
Hi
I have been playing with lparser to create some fractal plants, whick look
very good and realistic, but...

whn i come to import them into moray, it winges that the file is to big as
raw triangles (4-5mb) and to convert it to UDO/inc.

which i do

but, the resulting udo/inc file(s) are a few MB in size and moray dies with
an invalid page fault when i import them

i have also tried coverting to POB first then to UDO/INC but no joy.

I am using the newest version of 3dwin to convert, and moray build 2409

so far i am stuck.

Post a reply to this message

Hi Rick, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> but, the resulting udo/inc file(s) are a few MB in size and moray dies with
> an invalid page fault when i import them
That is a known bug in Moray 3.0. More than 32767 vertices or edges
will make Moray die.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicholas Hanson
Date: 16 Nov 1998 11:03:04
Message: <36504cb8.0@news.povray.org>
Will this be fixed by 3.1 when it is released?

Lutz Kretzschmar wrote in message <364### [at] 19417421410>...
>Hi Rick, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
>> but, the resulting udo/inc file(s) are a few MB in size and moray
dies with
>> an invalid page fault when i import them
>That is a known bug in Moray 3.0. More than 32767 vertices or edges
>will make Moray die.
>
>- Lutz
>  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
>  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Alex Magidow
Date: 16 Nov 1998 17:08:56
Message: <3650A315.96091056@mninter.net>
Nicholas Hanson wrote:

> Will this be fixed by 3.1 when it is released?
>
> Lutz Kretzschmar wrote in message <364### [at] 19417421410>...
> >Hi Rick, you recently wrote in moray.win:
> >
> >> but, the resulting udo/inc file(s) are a few MB in size and moray
> dies with
> >> an invalid page fault when i import them
> >That is a known bug in Moray 3.0. More than 32767

Isn't that just caused by the data type(int)? I have a smidgen if
programming knowledge, so I might be wrong.

--
"Why stop at four kids or six? We
 can have fifteen if we like. All we

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 17 Nov 1998 04:30:47
Message: <3651404b.3129429@194.174.214.10>
Hi Nicholas Hanson, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Will this be fixed by 3.1 when it is released?
Yes, the current Beta works fine with large UDO files.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Nicholas Hanson
Date: 17 Nov 1998 11:01:32
Message: <36519ddc.0@news.povray.org>
Alex Magidow wrote in message <3650A315.96091056@mninter.net>...

>Isn't that just caused by the data type(int)? I have a smidgen if
>programming knowledge, so I might be wrong.

Well if that's the case then changing it to a long int should slove
the problem at least temporarily. Unless someone actually uses more
than 2,147,482,647 vertices or edges. Heck maybe by the time anyone
needs more than that the IA64 processors will be out and he can use a
64 bit int.

Post a reply to this message

From: Rick
Date: 17 Nov 1998 19:27:07
Message: <3652145b.0@news.povray.org>
Thats great news!

I will hold off the fractal plants for a while then!

Rick