POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray Win in smaller files? Server Time
30 Jul 2024 00:31:27 EDT (-0400)
  Moray Win in smaller files? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Simon Davis
Subject: Moray Win in smaller files?
Date: 26 Feb 1998 09:56:40
Message: <34F582A7.C72C9C2F@ooo.com>
Is there any chance of Moray being made downloadable as smaller files,
such as those availible from SoftTronics on 3.5 diskette? I would like
to use Moray at home on my computer, but don't have internet access. I
can't put the install file (2.6Mb) file on disk or the deccompressed
files as MorayWin.exe is 2Mb. Unless anyone has any further ideas?

SD

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any chance of Moray being made downloadable as smaller files,
> such as those availible from SoftTronics on 3.5 diskette? I would like
> to use Moray at home on my computer, but don't have internet access. I
> can't put the install file (2.6Mb) file on disk or the deccompressed
> files as MorayWin.exe is 2Mb. Unless anyone has any further ideas?
>
> SD

Use Pkzip with the -& option to divide the files over multiple disks

--

					Peter O
                                              no-### [at] kotnetorg

Post a reply to this message

If you are unable to download Moray, Softronics will mail disks when you
register. Just ask.
Allan

Peter O wrote:

> Simon Davis wrote:
> >
> > Is there any chance of Moray being made downloadable as smaller files,
> > such as those availible from SoftTronics on 3.5 diskette? I would like
> > to use Moray at home on my computer, but don't have internet access. I
> > can't put the install file (2.6Mb) file on disk or the deccompressed
> > files as MorayWin.exe is 2Mb. Unless anyone has any further ideas?
> >
> > SD
>
> Use Pkzip with the -& option to divide the files over multiple disks
>
> --
>
>                                         Peter O
>                                               no-### [at] kotnetorg
> You're nobody until somebody loves you.  (James Dean)
> http://www.gv.kotnet.org/~nbody

Post a reply to this message

I find ARJ to be MUCH better when the file(s) to be compressed spans several
disks (it does a better job compressing files too)

simple example:

    arj a -va a:filename morayfilename.exe

You could also use Windows Commander (an EXCELLENT file-management tool),
which I believe have zip 'included' - also support for arj - lha - rar and
uc2- this tool is SO good you all ought to try it !! It is shareware though,
and have a 1 month trial period .

Good luck ! :-)
-----
- K-
-----
Peter O wrote in message <34F5C5B2.C9BC5EB7@kotnet.org>...
>Simon Davis wrote:
>>
>> Is there any chance of Moray being made downloadable as smaller files,
>> such as those availible from SoftTronics on 3.5 diskette? I would like
>> to use Moray at home on my computer, but don't have internet access. I
>> can't put the install file (2.6Mb) file on disk or the deccompressed
>> files as MorayWin.exe is 2Mb. Unless anyone has any further ideas?
>>
>> SD
>
>Use Pkzip with the -& option to divide the files over multiple disks
>
>--
>

> Peter O
>                                              no-### [at] kotnetorg
>You're nobody until somebody loves you.  (James Dean)
>http://www.gv.kotnet.org/~nbody

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any chance of Moray being made downloadable as smaller files,
> such as those availible from SoftTronics on 3.5 diskette? I would like
> to use Moray at home on my computer, but don't have internet access. I
> can't put the install file (2.6Mb) file on disk or the deccompressed
> files as MorayWin.exe is 2Mb. Unless anyone has any further ideas?
>
> SD

  Thanks very much. I managed to get WinZip to put it on two disks. It
didn't work originally as I hadn't seen the automatic disk spanning
checkbox and tried just compressing it down to <1.4Mb (which didn't work
of course).

SD

Post a reply to this message

> Is there any chance of Moray being made downloadable as smaller files,
> such as those availible from SoftTronics on 3.5 diskette? I would like
> to use Moray at home on my computer, but don't have internet access. I
> can't put the install file (2.6Mb) file on disk or the deccompressed
> files as MorayWin.exe is 2Mb. Unless anyone has any further ideas?
>
> SD
i suggest you go ahead and download it as well as a program call winrar,
winrar is a compression program that can break it up to different files
sizes that will fit on a floppy eg moraywin.rar, moraywin.r01 etc. Don't
forget a copy of unrar on floppy too.
I heard Windows95 can copy across floppys..but i never tried it :)
Jules

Post a reply to this message

From: Matthew Mc Clement
Date: 11 Apr 1998 14:43:26
Message: <352FB9CE.4E61B59@global.net.uk>
Julian wrote:
*snip*
> I heard Windows95 can copy across floppys..but i never tried it :)

Yup it can, but only if you have small files, if you have one big file it goes into a
continuous loop, always asking for a bigger disk....