POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Converting to left-handed system?! Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Converting to left-handed system?! (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Colin D Bennett
Subject: Converting to left-handed system?!
Date: 28 Mar 1998 17:33:29
Message: <351D7AB8.E27B8358@findus.aq.com>
Ok, I've got a problem. I have made a large scene in POV-Ray, and now
modelled a building (complex one at that) in Moray (I love Moray!), but
the Moray exported file is right-handed (ie, Z=up) and my POV-Ray scene
(very large) is left-handed (Y=up).

Is there any way to have Moray export to a left-handed POV-Ray file
which I can then include in my existing POV-Ray scene?

It would be a righteous pain in the neck if I can't make this work.

Thanks.
And thanks to Lutz Kretzchmar and Markus Lutz for the wonderful new
Moray for Windows.

Colin

Post a reply to this message

I figured it out. Just rotate the object by -x*90, and that fixes it. Yay!