POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4) Server Time
8 Oct 2026 20:48:40 EDT (-0400)
  BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4) (Message 1 to 18 of 18)  
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 18:53:57
Message: <3de55a13.43690794@news.povray.org>
Peter,
	Here is a sample rendered in POV. It is not a great rendering
as it was just an experiment.

Steve


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (1/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 18:57:41
Message: <3de55b16.43950297@mcavoysXaol.com>



Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'spinkick1db.mpg' (1692 KB)

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (2/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 19:01:26
Message: <3de55b17.44174789@mcavoysXaol.com>



Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (3/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 19:05:15
Message: <3de55b18.44403528@mcavoysXaol.com>



Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (4/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 19:08:29
Message: <3de55b19.44630705@mcavoysXaol.com>



Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 19:17:22
Message: <3de5607d.45333165@news.povray.org>
Sorry folks I meant to put it in a Povray binary. It was set up using
Moray if that helps.

Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 19:56:09
Message: <3DE569EC.60CE836@pacbell.net>
Stephen McAvoy wrote:
> 
> Peter,
>         Here is a sample rendered in POV. It is not a great rendering
> as it was just an experiment.

I don't think I have ever seen a better Human animation rendered in POV-Ray.
With higher quality textures, lighting and anti-aliasing this would be
professional quality material. I'm impressed !

-- 
Ken Tyler


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 20:21:04
Message: <3de56f4c.49123796@news.povray.org>
This is a surprise coming from you. I am honoured. I wish I could get
round to working on textures but life is too short and PovRay
generated interests are too great. There is so much going on with SF
incurring into Real Life (TM)
I posted it to the binaries because Peter Popov had not heard of BVH
files. 
I create the model in Poser 4 add the movement file, export as a
Wavefront OBJ series, convert to UDO using 3D Win. Set up the scene in
Moray then tweak and render in Povray.  Here is a good source.
http://www.stanford.edu/class/cs348c/BVH/SantaMonicaStudios/
All credit should go to Stanford Uni, Poser and the person who created
the poseable toga. I only created the studio. 
Some of the BVH files on the site are great some you would wonder why
they are there if it was not an educational establishment.

Stephen

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 16:57:16 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:


>I don't think I have ever seen a better Human animation rendered in POV-Ray.
>With higher quality textures, lighting and anti-aliasing this would be
>professional quality material. I'm impressed !
>
>-- 
>Ken Tyler


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 27 Nov 2002 20:30:21
Message: <3de5710a.49570298@news.povray.org>
PS How could I forget to include PovRay in the credits & Moray and ...


Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 28 Nov 2002 12:53:33
Message: <3de6581d$1@news.povray.org>
How am i supposed to download the splitted file? i can't get it saved.

Arne Kleinophorst

Stephen McAvoy wrote:

> Peter,
> 	Here is a sample rendered in POV. It is not a great rendering
> as it was just an experiment.
>
> Steve


Post a reply to this message

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 28 Nov 2002 15:57:43
Message: <3de68347@news.povray.org>
What news reader do you use?

> How am i supposed to download the splitted file? i can't get it saved.


Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 29 Nov 2002 05:49:16
Message: <3DE746FF.988ECE56@t-online.de>
Netscape 4.71 and Mozilla

Arne Kleinophorst

Aaron schrieb:

> What news reader do you use?
>
> > How am i supposed to download the splitted file? i can't get it saved.


Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 29 Nov 2002 09:09:41
Message: <3de774ef.12789360@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 29 Nov 2002 11:52:47 +0100, Arne Kleinophorst
<a.r### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

>> > How am i supposed to download the splitted file? i can't get it saved.
>
I used Agent to upload it. I assume it will download and stitch it
together, I've not tried tho' . The original Mpg is 1692 KB
ftp://ftp.forteinc.com/pub/free_agent/fa32-121.exe

Stephen


Post a reply to this message

From: Aaron
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 29 Nov 2002 23:44:02
Message: <3de84212@news.povray.org>
> > What news reader do you use?
> Netscape 4.71 and Mozilla

Hmm... I've not got those to read newsgroups with but try selecting the
messages and combine and decode?
It might be a rightclick option... ?


Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 2 Dec 2002 04:00:51
Message: <3DEB2210.69766E2D@t-online.de>
I used Outlook express, then it worked after some trial-&-error.
Very impressive animation!

Arne Kleinophorst

Aaron schrieb:

> > > What news reader do you use?
> > Netscape 4.71 and Mozilla
>
> Hmm... I've not got those to read newsgroups with but try selecting the
> messages and combine and decode?
> It might be a rightclick option... ?


Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 2 Dec 2002 07:48:14
Message: <3deb568e@news.povray.org>
Arne,
Could you please explain how you did it? I havn't a clue.
Steve Shelby

Arne Kleinophorst <a.r### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
news:3DEB2210.69766E2D@t-online.de...
> I used Outlook express, then it worked after some trial-&-error.
> Very impressive animation!
>
> Arne Kleinophorst
>
> Aaron schrieb:
>
> > > > What news reader do you use?
> > > Netscape 4.71 and Mozilla
> >
> > Hmm... I've not got those to read newsgroups with but try selecting the
> > messages and combine and decode?
> > It might be a rightclick option... ?
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Arne Kleinophorst
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 2 Dec 2002 08:04:21
Message: <3DEB5B22.6C573630@t-online.de>
I hope you know how to read newsgroups with outlook, i even had to find
out that ;)

then mark all the BVH (1/4 through 4/4) and right click on the marking.
Then there should be something like combine and decode (at least, that
would be the equivalent to the german translation) 

After your newsclient downloaded all, in the file you can either save
all or save attachment. do the last and enjoy the movie.

greets 

Arne


Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Re: BVH files - spinkick1db.mpg (0/4)
Date: 2 Dec 2002 08:25:27
Message: <3deb5f47$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you,
That's a nice feature that I was never aware of, and I've had Outlook
Express for years!
Steve

Arne Kleinophorst <a.r### [at] t-onlinede> wrote in message
news:3DEB5B22.6C573630@t-online.de...
> I hope you know how to read newsgroups with outlook, i even had to find
> out that ;)
>
> then mark all the BVH (1/4 through 4/4) and right click on the marking.
> Then there should be something like combine and decode (at least, that
> would be the equivalent to the german translation)
>
> After your newsclient downloaded all, in the file you can either save
> all or save attachment. do the last and enjoy the movie.
>
> greets
>
> Arne


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.