POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.binaries : Chair Server Time
9 Oct 2026 01:22:51 EDT (-0400)
  Chair (Message 1 to 17 of 17)  
From: Ph Gibone
Subject: Chair
Date: 20 Apr 1999 19:36:38
Message: <371d0176.0@news.povray.org>
Here is a chair, from my son,14 years old, made with moray (the
chair, not the son).

Philippe


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'chaise.mdl.dat' (9 KB)

From: Alex Magidow
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 21 Apr 1999 00:09:08
Message: <371D410B.84A2C9CB@mninter.net>
You evil, evil man. Getting your 14 year old son hooked on Moray! I know what thats
like...missing
assignments for school so you can "tweak this texture", sneering at anything that
can't be expressed
in three dimensional geometric coordinates...how could you do such a thing?

Anyway, its really good...I like how he did the top piece, in the back. Extremely
clever!

I have to go and finish that homework I neglected...but, I finished the texture!

Ph Gibone wrote:

> Here is a chair, from my son,14 years old, made with moray (the
> chair, not the son).
>
> Philippe
>
>                     Name: chaise.mdl
>    chaise.mdl       Type: MorayW Document
(application/x-unknown-content-type-MorayWin.Document)
>                 Encoding: x-uuencode



--
Given a lever long enough, one can move the world with little force
      MJ Engh


Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 21 Apr 1999 00:32:29
Message: <371D46E0.FB9ABDF5@pacbell.net>
Alex Magidow wrote:
> 
> You evil, evil man. Getting your 14 year old son hooked on Moray!

   If that is the definition of evil then I am a serious offender.
 I introduced my 8 1/2 year old nephew to Povray just last month.
 I heard from my brother this last weekend that he spends his allowed
 1 hour a day on the computer time learning how to hand code povray
 script. Dad say's the kid is even getting good at it now and will
 have an image to post here in the groups in a couple of weeks.

 I am the King of Evil !

-- 
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net


Post a reply to this message

From: Ph Gibone
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 21 Apr 1999 03:17:07
Message: <371d6d63.0@news.povray.org>
Alex Magidow a écrit dans le message <371D410B.84A2C9CB@mninter.net>...
>You evil, evil man. Getting your 14 year old son hooked on Moray! I know
what thats like...missing
>assignments for school so you can "tweak this texture", sneering at
anything that can't be >expressed in three dimensional geometric
coordinates...how could you do such a thing?
>
Shame on me, and how stupid, now he's monopolizing my computer !!!

>Anyway, its really good...I like how he did the top piece, in the back.
Extremely clever!
>
Ssshhhh Don't tell him but I'm very proud : he had this idea without even a
clue from me.

Philippe


Post a reply to this message

From: Ph Gibone
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 21 Apr 1999 03:19:14
Message: <371d6de2.0@news.povray.org>
>
> I am the King of Evil !
>
 No doubt about that Ken, but don't forget you favourite vassal for
Christmas...

Philippe


Post a reply to this message

From: Rick (Kitty5)
Subject: Evil Vice
Date: 24 Apr 1999 09:34:36
Message: <3721ba5c.0@news.povray.org>
get em hooked young, eh?

dont give em to much of a head start, nothing worse than being upstaged by
someone half your age!
Rick

> > You evil, evil man. Getting your 14 year old son hooked on Moray!
>
>    If that is the definition of evil then I am a serious offender.
>  I introduced my 8 1/2 year old nephew to Povray just last month.
>  I heard from my brother this last weekend that he spends his allowed
>  1 hour a day on the computer time learning how to hand code povray
>  script. Dad say's the kid is even getting good at it now and will
>  have an image to post here in the groups in a couple of weeks.
>
>  I am the King of Evil


Post a reply to this message

From: Ken
Subject: Re: Evil Vice
Date: 24 Apr 1999 09:51:51
Message: <3721BE04.9A1C8DA8@pacbell.net>
Rick (Kitty5) wrote:
> 
> get em hooked young, eh?
> 
> dont give em to much of a head start, nothing worse than being upstaged by
> someone half your age!
> Rick

  I'm not too worried about it. It's my brothers kid not mine.
As far as upstaged there is little I can do about that. He is
definately a bright kid and with some pushing in the right
directions, while he is still young, the sky is the limit for him.
He was beating me at chess when he was 7 1/2 and I won't even
play with him any more. The only edge I seem to have on him is
that I can afford higher priced toys to play with than he can :)

-- 
Ken Tyler

mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net


Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 27 Apr 1999 00:32:43
Message: <37252fdb.0@news.povray.org>
Nice chair!  I love the textures!

This. . .is a great moment in the world of news.povray.org. . .THE BIRTH OF
A NEW ARTIST! (sorry for the caps.  hehe :)

-Ian in a bright beam of light from the heavens as he gives his speech.
Errr. . .no :P

Ph Gibone <Ph.### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
news:371d0176.0@news.povray.org...
> Here is a chair, from my son,14 years old, made with moray (the
> chair, not the son).
>
> Philippe
>
>
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 27 Apr 1999 00:34:43
Message: <37253053.0@news.povray.org>
Hehe.  Hey, I'm 14!  Kwel. :)

Actually, I hooked myself to raytracing.  Now I think my dad's getting
hooked from watching me model!  Oui. . .

-Ian with an evil grin

Alex Magidow <axi### [at] mninternet> wrote in message
news:371D410B.84A2C9CB@mninter.net...
> You evil, evil man. Getting your 14 year old son hooked on Moray! I know
what thats like...missing
> assignments for school so you can "tweak this texture", sneering at
anything that can't be expressed
> in three dimensional geometric coordinates...how could you do such a
thing?
>
> Anyway, its really good...I like how he did the top piece, in the back.
Extremely clever!
>
> I have to go and finish that homework I neglected...but, I finished the
texture!
>
> Ph Gibone wrote:
>
> > Here is a chair, from my son,14 years old, made with moray (the
> > chair, not the son).
> >
> > Philippe
> >
> >                     Name: chaise.mdl
> >    chaise.mdl       Type: MorayW Document
(application/x-unknown-content-type-MorayWin.Document)
> >                 Encoding: x-uuencode
>
>
>
> --
> Given a lever long enough, one can move the world with little force
>       MJ Engh
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Ph Gibone
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 27 Apr 1999 03:08:13
Message: <3725544d.0@news.povray.org>
Part of my pleasure in this NG is that we are all equal in front of the
pixel

Philippe

PS : do not neglect school work, or I switch off the computer , Ooops, Sorry
I thaught I was speaking to my son :-)


Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Evil Vice
Date: 27 Apr 1999 10:24:37
Message: <3725BACC.D088ED22@nitg.tno.nl>
Ken wrote:

> Rick (Kitty5) wrote:
> >
> > get em hooked young, eh?
> >
> > dont give em to much of a head start, nothing worse than being upstaged by
> > someone half your age!
> > Rick
>
>   I'm not too worried about it. It's my brothers kid not mine.
> As far as upstaged there is little I can do about that. He is
> definately a bright kid and with some pushing in the right
> directions, while he is still young, the sky is the limit for him.
> He was beating me at chess when he was 7 1/2 and I won't even
> play with him any more. The only edge I seem to have on him is
> that I can afford higher priced toys to play with than he can :)
>
> --
> Ken Tyler
>
> mailto://tylereng@pacbell.net

 Well.... You never start too young (or to old). I started with PovRay (and
Moray) at 50, and gosh! Am I hooked!  I am really happy to be evil and vicious!

Thomas


Post a reply to this message

From: Psychomek
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 27 Apr 1999 12:03:47
Message: <3725D116.48EACE99@cyberhighway.net>
Ph Gibone wrote:

> Part of my pleasure in this NG is that we are all equal in front of the
> pixel
>
> Philippe
>
> PS : do not neglect school work, or I switch off the computer , Ooops, Sorry
> I thaught I was speaking to my son :-)

I'm thinking about getting my 14 yo brother hooked on it myself....   but one
major problem... (he has no computer!)  but if i can work it right i might be
able to get him a used one (maybe a P 150 or about there)

Psy


Post a reply to this message


Attachments:
Download 'us-ascii' (1 KB)

From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 29 Apr 1999 01:28:05
Message: <3727dfd5.0@news.povray.org>
Hehe :)

-Ian

Ph Gibone <Ph.### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
news:3725544d.0@news.povray.org...
> Part of my pleasure in this NG is that we are all equal in front of the
> pixel
>
> Philippe
>
> PS : do not neglect school work, or I switch off the computer , Ooops,
Sorry
> I thaught I was speaking to my son :-)
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 29 Apr 1999 01:28:44
Message: <3727dffc.0@news.povray.org>
Wait until he gets his OWN computer.

Just a friendly warning :)

-Ian

> I'm thinking about getting my 14 yo brother hooked on it myself....   but
one
> major problem... (he has no computer!)  but if i can work it right i might
be
> able to get him a used one (maybe a P 150 or about there)
>
> Psy
>


Post a reply to this message

From: bucky
Subject: Hey, I think there's competition
Date: 2 May 1999 23:38:31
Message: <372d0c27.0@news.povray.org>
wait a minute,, I just turned 14 on the 28th of april. ~doh~ there's
competiton for the youngest member slot :c) oh well
-bucky
Ian Burgmyer <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
news:37253053.0@news.povray.org...
> Hehe.  Hey, I'm 14!  Kwel. :)
>
> Actually, I hooked myself to raytracing.  Now I think my dad's getting
> hooked from watching me model!  Oui. . .
>
> -Ian with an evil grin
>
> Alex Magidow <axi### [at] mninternet> wrote in message
> news:371D410B.84A2C9CB@mninter.net...
> > You evil, evil man. Getting your 14 year old son hooked on Moray! I know
> what thats like...missing
> > assignments for school so you can "tweak this texture", sneering at
> anything that can't be expressed
> > in three dimensional geometric coordinates...how could you do such a
> thing?
> >
> > Anyway, its really good...I like how he did the top piece, in the back.
> Extremely clever!
> >
> > I have to go and finish that homework I neglected...but, I finished the
> texture!
> >
> > Ph Gibone wrote:
> >
> > > Here is a chair, from my son,14 years old, made with moray (the
> > > chair, not the son).
> > >
> > > Philippe
> > >
> > >                     Name: chaise.mdl
> > >    chaise.mdl       Type: MorayW Document
> (application/x-unknown-content-type-MorayWin.Document)
> > >                 Encoding: x-uuencode
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Given a lever long enough, one can move the world with little force
> >       MJ Engh
> >
> >
>
>


Post a reply to this message

From: bucky
Subject: Re: Chair
Date: 2 May 1999 23:39:27
Message: <372d0c5f.0@news.povray.org>
if you could get me a 150 that would be nice :c) a 100 just isnt cutting it
Psychomek <psy### [at] cyberhighwaynet> wrote in message
news:3725D116.48EACE99@cyberhighway.net...
>
>
> Ph Gibone wrote:
>
> > Part of my pleasure in this NG is that we are all equal in front of the
> > pixel
> >
> > Philippe
> >
> > PS : do not neglect school work, or I switch off the computer , Ooops,
Sorry
> > I thaught I was speaking to my son :-)
>
> I'm thinking about getting my 14 yo brother hooked on it myself....   but
one
> major problem... (he has no computer!)  but if i can work it right i might
be
> able to get him a used one (maybe a P 150 or about there)
>
> Psy
>


Post a reply to this message

From: Ian Burgmyer
Subject: Re: Hey, I think there's competition
Date: 11 May 1999 17:47:38
Message: <3738976a.0@news.povray.org>
Darn!  In that case. . .

"I'm only twee and a haff years old.  Hehehehehe"

:)

-Ian

bucky <buc### [at] aolcom> wrote in message news:372d0c27.0@news.povray.org...
> wait a minute,, I just turned 14 on the 28th of april. ~doh~ there's
> competiton for the youngest member slot :c) oh well
> -bucky
> Ian Burgmyer <the### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> news:37253053.0@news.povray.org...
> > Hehe.  Hey, I'm 14!  Kwel. :)
> >
> > Actually, I hooked myself to raytracing.  Now I think my dad's getting
> > hooked from watching me model!  Oui. . .
> >
> > -Ian with an evil grin
> >
> > Alex Magidow <axi### [at] mninternet> wrote in message
> > news:371D410B.84A2C9CB@mninter.net...
> > > You evil, evil man. Getting your 14 year old son hooked on Moray! I
know
> > what thats like...missing
> > > assignments for school so you can "tweak this texture", sneering at
> > anything that can't be expressed
> > > in three dimensional geometric coordinates...how could you do such a
> > thing?
> > >
> > > Anyway, its really good...I like how he did the top piece, in the
back.
> > Extremely clever!
> > >
> > > I have to go and finish that homework I neglected...but, I finished
the
> > texture!
> > >
> > > Ph Gibone wrote:
> > >
> > > > Here is a chair, from my son,14 years old, made with moray (the
> > > > chair, not the son).
> > > >
> > > > Philippe
> > > >
> > > >                     Name: chaise.mdl
> > > >    chaise.mdl       Type: MorayW Document
> > (application/x-unknown-content-type-MorayWin.Document)
> > > >                 Encoding: x-uuencode
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Given a lever long enough, one can move the world with little force
> > >       MJ Engh
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2023 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.